Every tax dollar you pay is divided to support a wide variety of state services. Only a small percentage of each tax dollar is appropriated to the DNR. User fees currently pay about 70 percent of state park operational costs. Appropriations from the State’s General Fund pay the other 30 percent. That 30 percent equates to only about $1.39 per Hoosier in taxes each year for state park operations.
2019 Lake Permits are VALID from January 1, 2019-December 31, 2019.